MARKETING DIRECTOR - XenoPsi Ventures Full Time
The Marketing Director sits at the helm of XenoPsi’s corporate marketing and communication endeavors. This leadership role leads and guides our corporate marketing and communication function in crafting and executing strategic marketing initiatives aimed at elevating our corporate image, engaging our target audiences, and fueling growth across our diverse ecosystem.
The responsibilities of the role encompass generating impactful thought leadership content on behalf of XenoPsi Ventures + the Consumer Behavior Lab (CBL), conducting research for the CBL podcasts and upcoming book, and running point on the inaugural CBL annual studies. Also, this person must direct and collaborate with both internal teams and external vendors for research projects and ensure the quality and precision of all marketing materials before their launch. The Marketing Director also plays a pivotal role in shaping and strengthening our thought leadership and positioning in the market working with the President and Managing Directors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, FUNCTIONS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Thought Leadership Strategy
- Acts as the primary stakeholder, author, and project champion for the CBL’s annual study. Partner with the CBL’s cofounders to bring the annual study to life, extending CBL’s thought leadership and functioning as a tool for business development for XenoPsi’s operating companies.
- Author or coordinate regular thought leadership postings (including white papers, podcasts, blogs, posts, and other IPs (based on positioning strategy). Ensure senior execs are writing and publishing regular blog posts, articles, white papers, etc.
- Develop and execute thought leadership content strategies in alignment with the annual marketing plan.
- Create engaging and insightful content for the company's President, LinkedIn, Fast Company Editorial Series, and blog posts that position the company as an industry leader.
- Extend the President's Voice: Learn and emulate the President's communication style, including his tone, word choice, and writing rhythm to create materials that genuinely reflect his voice. Provide other authorship responsibilities, including:
- Conducting Interviews and Research: Engage in comprehensive interviews with the President and conduct detailed research to understand their viewpoint and communication style.
- Writing Drafts, Revising, and Editing: Use the gathered information to write drafts, present, and revise based on feedback from the President and others within XenoPsi.
- Managing Timelines and Deadlines: Efficiently project manage tasks to meet set timelines and deadlines within the confinement of the President’s availability.
Behavioral Science: Partnering with Thought Leaders on Annual Study, Podcast and Book
- Conduct thorough research for upcoming podcast episodes, book, and annual studies.
- Prepare research findings and insights for use in content creation.
- Collaborate with internal team members to design and execute first-party research projects, ensuring data-driven insights for marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate with third-party vendors for specialized research needs, managing timelines and deliverables.
- Utilize third-party resources and industry databases to gather relevant data and insights to inform marketing strategies and content evelopment.
Marketing Strategy Development
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing and communication strategies aligned with XenoPsi's overarching goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with the President and Managing Director’s team to ensure that XP initiatives are in alignment with that of individual entities.
- Collaborate with XP companies to ensure marketing efforts are integrated into their business plans and marketing campaigns.
- Supervise and guide the PR & Content Manager, fostering a collaborative and high-performance team environment.
- Set clear goals and performance expectations, and conduct regular performance conversations and professional development plans.
- Work closely with the PR & Content Manager to ideate and activate PR initiatives for Venture initiatives that do not have dedicated PR teams.
- Review and approve final marketing assets, ensuring accuracy, alignment with brand guidelines, and adherence to best practices before launch.
EDUCATION & RELATED EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or a related field is required; a Master’s degree is a plus
- 12+ years of experience in marketing, PR, and Communications roles are required
- Proven experience in marketing leadership roles, with a track record of developing and executing successful marketing and communication strategies is preferred
- Proven experience in content strategy, thought leadership, and research within a marketing context
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Dedication to learning including in deep on the topics of Behavioral Science, marketing academia, and other topics regularly discussed by our President
- Strong skills as a writer with original thought leadership and a passion for writing relevant content based on the needs of the organization
- The ability to observe customer behavior and make accurate predictions of next steps
- Strong research skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Exceptional strategic thinking and decision-making abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization
- Strong project management skills and the ability to lead and inspire a team
- The ability to think creatively and solve problems with limited resources
- Strong digital marketing and social media management skills
- Excellent presentation skills and persuasive abilities
- Proficiency in using marketing analytics tools and metrics to inform strategy
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Familiarity with the DTC (Direct-to-Consumer) market and emerging marketing trends
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies, SEO, and social media management